Underpinning the academic skills which we teach at Oxhey Wood, we place a strong value on personal and social achievements and work hard to ensure that our children leave us as confident, responsible citizens who will enjoy lifelong learning.
As such, we promote the Agora Learning Partnership Children's Pledge and strive to provide opportunities for our children to enjoy these experiences.
Children’s pledge (primary)
By the time I am 11, I will have…
- had the chance to express my views on school issues and be listened to
- had my academic, sporting or creative talents celebrated – at school or outside
- taken part in a public event (with parents or others – for example talent show, assembly, either sports, dance or concert or visual arts)
- taken part in a play or reading that involves either acting, speaking or helping with the production
- been on an educational visit and had an opportunity for an overnight stay
- helped others through voluntary activities
- been to an artistic or sporting event … at a theatre, stadium or arena
- learned about other cultures and faiths
- worked with children from other schools in our Trust on a project, event or experience
- experienced the wider curriculum, practical science and technology
- learned to play a musical instrument