Welcome to Nursery
Our class teacher is Miss Miss Douglas-Law.
Our key workers are:
Mrs Imansoura – Key worker all day
Mrs Kennedy - Keyworker in the morning
Miss Smith – Key worker in the afternoon
Our Nursery day starts 9am. Doors are open at 8.45am. All children should be in Nursery by 9am. The morning session finishes at 12pm. Doors are open between 11.45am - 12pm.
We also offer afternoon sessions for children that qualify for 30 hours funding which is until 3pm.
This half term we are learning 'All About Me'. We will be learning about our family, friends, ourselves and our bodies We will also be learning the rules and routines of nursery.
Books we will be reading this half term linked to our topic are:
There are many ways to help your child at home make progress in their learning. Some examples of this are:
- Reading with your children every day - they will be taking home a school library book for you to share with them
- Working on 'Fine Motor Skills' – including play dough, Lego, tweezers, threading etc (please see link below)
- Mark making - including finger painting, using chalks, crayons etc (please see link below)
- Counting and recognising numbers - e.g. counting how many steps from the car to the front door, counting how many cars they are playing with etc (please see link below)
- Talking to your child about your day and they may then talk to you about their day.
- Talk about past events such as their birthdays, going to the park etc.
- Helping your child to practise writing their name.
- Help your child to be independent by putting on their own coats and shoes